To help ensure student safety, a new Parent Pick Up (PPU) procedure will be implemented this year at Lawrence Avenue. This change is being made to enhance the safety and efficiency of our dismissal process.
Key Details of PPU:
- Designated Pick-Up Area: Parents will pick up their children at Door E4 (between AAK and LAE). This area will be marked, and our staff will be present to assist you.
- Park and Enter: Parents will park in the large side parking lot (between AAK and LAE) and walk to Door E4 to sign their child out.
- Identification: Parents/guardians must show identification for children to be released.
- Authorized Pick-Up List: Please ensure your child’s emergency contact /student release list is current. Students will not be released to persons not listed on the emergency contact/pickup list.
- Timeliness: Parents can begin signing their child out at PPU at 3:05 p.m. Parents and children are encouraged to return to their vehicles promptly to ensure a smooth and effective process.
This change may require some adjustment, but please know it is being implemented to ensure student safety. Thank you for your support and cooperation in making our school a safe environment for all.