Academic Intervention Services (AIS) is additional instruction which supplements the instruction provided by the classroom teacher. It is one facet of our district’s Response to Intervention(RtI) program.
AIS is intended to assist students who are at risk of not achieving the Common Core Standards in ELA and Math. It is made available to students with disabilities on the same basis as non-disabled students.
Multiple measures are used to determine who receives services:
- DIBELS reading assessments
- Fountas and Pinnell reading assessments
- STAR reading and math assessments
- Quarter averages in ELA and Math
- NYS ELA and Math assessments (3rd and 4th grade)
- Teacher recommendations
How Are Services Provided?
- Taught by teachers and teaching assistants (lessons planned by teachers)
- Small groups meet every day for 30 minutes\ All students at a grade level receive services at the same time
Parents/Guardians of students who receive services can expect:
- Progress Reports (quarterly)
- Availability of AIS staff at Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Notes and phone calls when needed
- Reading material sent home nightly for students in ELA AIS